VITEC is a worldwide provider of innovative digital video products that support end-to-end media solutions. Since 1988, VITEC has played a leading role in the design and manufacture of hardware and software for video encoding, decoding, transcoding, recording, conversion, archiving and streaming over IP. Our comprehensive product portfolio of video solutions covers a wide range of industries including Broadcasting, Government, Military, Sports & Entertainment, Education, Medical, Telco, Enterprise and Transportation.
ENCODERS – PORTABLE ENCODERS
MGW Ace is the world’s first H.265 & H.264 hardware encoder in a professional-grade, low footprint, compact streaming appliance. With real-time 100% hardware HEVC compression, MGW Ace enables users to stream broadcast quality 1080p video with up to 50% bandwidth savings compared to today’s H.264 standards.
From live News Broadcasting in the field, Point-to-Point contribution of HD video, live streaming from or within Sports Venues to distribution of mission-critical Military Imagery – MGW Ace makes it more efficient than ever to deliver the highest quality IPTV streams over satellite links, private networks and over the internet.
MGW Ace features a wide range of inputs including HD-SDI, SDI, HDMI, DVI and Composite, user-intuitive web management software with full control of all H.265 compression settings. A secondary hardware based MPEG4-H.264 chip offers the ability to stream H.264 video in parallel to the network-efficient HEVC to support legacy systems.
The portable HEVC encoder features low power consumption compared to software-based HEVC encoders running on large multi-CPU servers. MGW Ace makes it possible to take next generation HEVC encoding from the server rooms into the field for Broadcast applications with easy integration to transport cases, TV trucks, portable cases, vehicles and aircraft.
MGW Ace is the most advanced Situational Awareness video streaming system. With KLV / STANAG military metadata support, MGW Ace enables Government and Military entities to dramatically reduce network bandwidth utilization while delivering higher video quality for any Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
ENCODERS – BLADE SYSTEMS
Award-winning VITEC Blade Systems are professional carrier-grade platforms that compress, transcode and stream video at broadcast quality and at a wide variety of bit rates. Available in 1RU, 4RU and 10RU platforms that host advanced encoding, transcoding and mobile blades, these highly flexible modular systems meet the diverse needs of government agencies, Telco operators and enterprises.
VITEC Blade Systems process compressed and uncompressed HD/SD MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) and MPEG-2. Transcoding and mobile blades enable extended reach and flexible dissemination of live video to any mobile device, phone, smart TV and over-the-top (OTT) media player over WiFi, 3G or 4G LTE networks or over the public internet.
Advanced capabilities such as video and audio pre-processing, content protection, adaptive bit-rate (ABR) streaming, ancillary data support, graphic overlay and time-code insertion make Optibase Blade Systems the ideal solution for ingesting and distributing content for any live media application.
For mission-critical applications, VITEC Blade Systems offer automatic redundancy and failover options and deliver exceptional video quality at ultra-high processing efficiency.
- Encodes up to 104 HD/SD streams (52 primary + 52 secondary)
- Choice of form factors: MGW 1000 (1RU), MGW 1100 (4RU), MGW 5100 (10RU)
- Supports Apple™ HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Microsoft™ Silverlight Smooth
- Streaming (SST), Adobe™ Flash Dynamic Streaming (HDS), 3GPP, RTP and more
- Secondary stream encoding (up to 1080p HD) for remote users or PIP applications
- Built-in AES-256/128-bit encryption for video, audio and metadata
- Optimized for secure DOD IT environments up to top-secret classification
- Integrated controller blade for single point of interaction with network
- Hot-swappable components with automatic failover
- N+K redundancy
ENCODERS – BOARDS
Designed for demanding professional video applications, the Vitec VMC-6240 PCIe encoder performs high quality HD MPEG-2 encoding in real time. The PCIe 1-lane board is fully autonomous and draws only limited CPU resources from the host computer.
The DSP-based Vitec VMC-6240 is software upgradeable to provide ongoing feature and performance enhancements without replacing costly hardware.
Vitec VMC-6240 includes DVI-D and DVI-A video and analog unbalanced stereo audio.
A powerful and easy to use software development kit (SDK) is based on the powerful LiveWire™ framework, which includes ready-to-use connectable components that substantially reduce product development time.
Additional features include video preview on host PC screen and still image capture in native resolution during encoding.
- Real time HD MPEG-2 encoding with 4:2:0 sampling
- DVI-D and DVI-A video inputs and outputs, analog unbalanced stereo audio input
- Still image capture
- Hardware-based encoder (Multiboard driver available)
TRANSCODERS – IP TRANSCODERS
Field-tested MGW Transcoder provides bandwidth efficient, real-time dissemination of mission critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) video feeds at superb H.264 SD and HD video quality. It simultaneously transcodes multiple live streams to a variety of resolutions, data rates and MPEG formats to optimize delivery while ensuring a superior user experience. Optimized for secure government and military IT environments, the hardware-based platform processes HD and SD full motion video (FMV) streams with low latency even when applying AES256/128 bit encryption to output streams and conforms to DISA security guidelines.
The advanced MGW Transcoder features built-in downscaling of HD to HD and HD to SD and a secondary stream option for creation of two video profiles (ranging from QCIF to 1080pHD). From the IP input stream, the Optibase MGW Transcoder extracts vital Cursor On Target (CoT) metadata that is delivered as MISB-compliant KLV data and re-multiplexes it in real time, providing FMV users with both video and metadata for enhanced situational awareness workflows.
MGW Transcoder offers extended reach to mobile devices over 3G/4G/LTE/WiFi in conjunction with the Optibase FMV Mobile Blade, which encapsulates FMV streams with device-specific protocols including Apple™ HTTP Live Streams (HLS) and RTP/RTSP for Android smartphones and tablets. Together, MGW Transcoder and FMV Mobile Blade provide government and military forces with a comprehensive transcoding solution for disseminating mission critical video to all types of users in the LAN, WAN and in the battlefield.
- Full digital transcoding data path for uncompromised SD and HD video quality
- Secondary stream engine for creating high and low bit rate services from a single source for delivery to local, remote and mobile users
- Synchronous and asynchronous KLV metadata pass-through
- Distributes output streams to up to seven unicast/multicast destinations
- Supports IP formats including MPEG-2 SD and HD, MPEG-4 H.264 SD and HD
- High density platform with redundant power supply and hot-swappable components
- Hardware scaler converts HD to HD and HD to SD resolutions and frame rates
- Secondary stream encoding up to 1080p
- AES 256/128-bit encryption for secure delivery
- Auto start mode for fast service recovery
- Transcodes for streaming to compliant mobile devices over 3G/4G LTE/WiFi or open internet
TRANSCODERS – DVB Gateway
MGW DVB is a cost-effective, simple solution for tuning in to terrestrial and satellite TV content and turning it around as IP stream on LAN’s and WAN’s. Eliminate the costs associated with re-encoding live TV content by using MGW DVB stand-alone or with VITEC’s EZ TV IPTV Portal to offer IPTV multicasting and unicast of HD and SD content to Desktops, TV’s and Mobile Devices.
With up to 128 unique TV channels from a single 1-RU, Conditional Access Support (CAM Cards) and support for the latest DVB-S2/DVB-T2 transmission standards in additional to legacy transmission formats such as DVB-S/ DVB-T / DVB-C – the MGW DVB appliance is the ideal solution for IPTV projects in schools, universities, corporate, stadiums ,hotels and medical facilities. Supported CAM cards companies are; Viaccess, Iredeto, Nagra, Conax, NDS, PowerCam and Xcrypt.
Capture live Terrestrial TV and Satellite TV content and stream directly to your IP network, eliminating the costs associated with IRD’s and Encoders for re-encoding. MGW DVB retains broadcast-grade HD/SD quality video all the way to TV’s, PC Viewers and Mobile Devices. The user-friendly web management application lists all available content and offers quick and easy cherry-picking and IP turnaround workflows. MGW DVB also provides users DVR and time-shift capabilities with EZ TV VOD Server as well as Transcoding of all TV channels for mobile delivery using MGW Prism
- Comprehensive support for all major broadcast standards: DVB-S/S2, DVB-T/T2, DVB-C, ATSC, ASI
- Best-in-class density – 8 x Tuners and up to 128 TV channels per 1RU chassis
- Conditional Access Support: Viaccess, Irdeto, Nagra, Conax, NDS, PowerCam and Xcrypt
- De-scramble encrypted content using standard Conditional Access Modules (CAMs)
- Easy to use HTTP management tool for configuring, managing and monitoring all IPTV services
- Built in TS re-multiplexer allowing selection of desired services and regeneration of TS tables
- Integrates with EZ TV IPTV Portal for a turn-key IPTV system, serving all LAN and WAN users
- Power supply redundancy
DECODERS – PORTABLE DECODERS
The high-performance, compact MGW Premium Decoder delivers professional-grade, low delay decoding for broadcast-quality pictures in even the most extreme environments. For portable missions or 24×7 fixed-location applications, it provides highest quality of service and exceptional resilience.
MGW Premium Decoder features a wide range of connectivity options including HD-SDI, SD-SDI, HDMI and composite video outputs and embedded or separate analog audio. A built-in scaler enables HD playout with a simultaneous downscaled SD copy of the decoded video. An optional rack mount kit secures two units side-by-side in a standard 19” RU.
When integrated with EZ TV system and FITIS system MGW Premium Decoder’s real-time AES decryption capabilities ensure a secure end-to-end IP video delivery solution. The MGW Premium Decoder can also be tightly integrated with VITEC’s IPTV and FMV video management and delivery solutions, serving as an end-point for viewing live and on-demand content and accessing the EPG.
- Fan-less rugged design and compact airborne footprint for portable missions and extreme conditions
- Decodes HD/SD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 H.264 streams
- Low 400 millisecond end-to-end latency
- HD-SDI, SD-SDI, HDMI and composite video output interfaces
- Built-in scaler for simultaneous playout of HD and downscaled SD decoded video
- Can tune into manually-set MPEG streams or retrieve Channels list from VITEC EZ TV and FITIS Portals
- Performs AES decryption in real time
DECODERS – RACK MOUNT DECODERS
MGW Decoder decodes multiple SD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 H.264 IP streams for re-encoding to other formats or lower bit rates. The dense, 8-channel, 2RU rack-mountable platform features a hardware-based decoding engine and auto-start mode for fast recovery. It provides ancillary data pass-through as well as support for closed captioning and remote management capabilities.
By providing a robust solution for receiving IP content at an affordable cost per channel without replacing existing infrastructure, the modular, scalable MGW Decoder empowers legacy RF cable systems as well as corporate and government facilities to pace their migration from MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 H.264 content.
- Multi-channel HD/SD Hardware-based decoding platform
- Remote management • Multi-format MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264
- Auto-start mode for fast recovery
- Closed captioning support (608/708)
DECODERS – DECODER BOARDS
HDM850+ is the latest addition to the VITEC decoder product line, it supports HEVC decode over 3G-SDI (from SD to 1080p60). HDM850+ is fully featured for professional broadcast applications such as content distribution, station/news automation, and quality control or simply for rendering the latest video standards. Featuring unique frame accurate playback and compatible with HEVC, H.264 and MPEG-2 video standards (HD/SD), HDM850+ is the most advanced and versatile decoder card available on the market.
HDM850+ is a PCIe based decoder for use by end user as well as integrators. It decodes and displays video up to 1080p60 over 3G-SDI or HDMI. The available codecs are HEVC, H.264 and MPEG-2. File formats compatibility include MXF OP1a & OP-Atom / MOV / MP4 and MPEG-2 PS & TS. Ready for the most demanding broadcast applications, it features a hardware scaler/de-interlacer (any to any resolution), a genlock input, a 3G-SDI input for live insertion, a secondary SD-SDI output and a full frame OSD (with alpha blending) and several analog video (YPbPr, RGB & RGBHV, S-Video and Composite) and audio outputs (8x AES digital audio outputs plus 2x unbalanced audio outputs).
A SDK/API developer kit allows one or several HDM850+ decoder cards to be integrated and controlled into a video system quickly and easily. SDK compatibility is ensured across the complete Stradis product range allowing a seamless upgrade to a different decoder.
HDM850+ is also compatible with the Livewire framework of our VITEC encoder product line. Based on this technology, LW Player, a powerful end user decoding application, provides a rich plug and play experience.
- Unique seamless frame accurate playback in HEVC /H.264 and MPEG-2
3G-SDI and HDMI outputs up to 1080p60
- HD/SD HEVC decode (compliant to HM10.0 reference decoder)HD/SD H.264 & MPEG-2 – 4:2:2 & 4:2:0, 10 bits sampling
- Hardware scaler/de-interlacer (any to any resolution), Genlock, RS-422 control, OSD
- PCIe card(4 lanes), Powerful end user application and SDK (Stradis / Livewire)
RECORDERS – PORTABLE VIDEO RECORDERS
The next generation Focus FS-T2001 professional media recorder and portable field deck is ideal for both Electronic News Gathering (ENG) and Electronic Field Production (EFP). Designed to meet the needs of broadcasters as well as producers, Focus FS-T2001 makes managing video content and distributing it via networks or physical media a snap. Focus FS-T2001 supports Sony 50mbps MPEG HD422 as well as XDCAM HD/EX professional recording formats.
The flexible, feature-rich Focus FS-T2001 provides 250GB of internal storage capacity for recording/playback and media management. An intuitive thumbnail clip menu makes it easy to find recorded video clips and play them back on the Focus FS-T2001 LCD screen or an external SDI or HDMI monitor.
Integrated SxS slots make it easy to transfer content to removable professional media such as SxS Pro+, SxS Pro, SxS-1 and SDHC adapters. Clips may be quickly copied between cards or from cards to the integrated hard drive. They may also be transferred to a computer via cable or shared over the network using CIFS or FTP via an ultrafast 1Gbps Ethernet connection.
- Full interoperability with Sony camera and ingest tools / NLEs
- Record/play in XDCAM HD422 50Mbit/s (MXF) or XDCAM HD/EX (MXF/MP4) file formats
- Manage and transfer clips over USB or Gigabit Ethernet connection
- Live monitoring / playback on LCD color display, SDI, HDMI, composite video, analog audio & mobile devices
- Downscaling capabilities for SD transmission over SDI
- Compatible with any HD-SDI and SD-SDI camera
RECORDERS – MEDIA CAPTURE
Monisys MC-Series is a simple to use solution for capturing and encoding up to four channels of SD or HD content at high quality. Monisys MC-200, based on the Vitec VMC-7440 HD capture board, captures SD/HD-SDI content and encodes it at user-selectable H.264 bit rates optimized for AVCHD or AVCIntra workflows. For XDCAM/XDCAM EX environments, Monisys MC-100 encodes to MPEG-2 formats.
Monisys MC-Series records content live from cameras and from on air and performs batch digitization directly from VTR. It integrates native metadata, supports addition of time-based metadata and creation of individual metadata fields, and enables metadata to be added during live recording manually or using preset buttons.
Monisys Capture Suite 3.0, Monisys MC-Series’ integrated user interface, controls capture (with preview) and provides metadata tag setup and logging during capture. Captured files, including integrated metadata, may be transferred seamlessly to an optional Proxsys PX-Media Server for management, archiving and distribution.
- Simultaneously captures up to 4 channels (one channel per card)
- Customizable encoding bit rates
- Scheduled recording options
- Integrated upload to Proxsys MAM with touch screen application support
- Optimized user interface for ingest management
- Multichannel HD/SD flexibility
- High speed encoding for live ingest Standard file formats
- High quality hardware-based compression
VIDEO MANAGEMENT – MEDIA CAPTURE
EZ TV IPTV System is the most deployed enterprise IPTV delivery system in the world. It is a secure, versatile solution for delivering live and recorded video, on a scheduled or on-demand basis, across organizations to computers, TV screens and mobile devices over LAN, WAN, WiFi and cellular networks, or over the public internet. The format-agnostic EZ TV IPTV delivery platform can be quickly and easily deployed in virtually all IT environments.
EZ TV IPTV System enables administrators to dynamically create and manage video assets and distribute them across a network. Sensitive or valuable video assets are fully protected by AES 256/128-bit encryption and access can be controlled on the user and group level through seamless integration with Microsoft Active Directory.
For applications ranging from video monitoring, corporate communications and education to tactical full-motion video (FMV) and situational awareness, EZ TV System is an ideal solution.
Service Provider Experience on Your Enterprise Network
Do your users want more than a video window?
EZ TV packs the best user experience in an enterprise-grade professional IPTV System. The powerful browser-based EZ TV Player includes advanced Digital TV capabilities:
Personal Video Recorder (PVR) that allows users to record, manage and playback content on their local computers.
Network Digital Video Recording (NDVR) that can be used by administrators or users to record content on a centralized server with network storage (eliminating the storage and security challenges of local recording).
Video On Demand (VOD) – enables local and remote users instant access to recorded content. Users enjoy “Trick-Play” features such as Fast Forward, Rewind, Play/Pause/Resume.
Client Mosaic Playback – each user can select his own mosaic layouts for watching up to 25 videos simultaneously on the screen. This feature utilizes the existing streams on the network and generates the resized mosaic videos for each user on-the-fly, without using additional bandwidth on the network.
Electronic Programming Guide (EPG) – EZ TV can be configured to receive programming information for all major Cable, Satellite and Local Off-Air Channels and show current and future programming data on TV’s and PC’s for users to search and use to schedule their recordings.
IPTV Monitoring – EZ TV can serve as IP monitoring system; Analytical and statistical tools monitor, log and analyze IPTV channels for quality and compliance, ensuring that video streaming is offered to the user with best quality and availability.
Analytics and Reports – View real-time dashboards measuring content consumption, user activity, network bandwidth utilization and other insights. Generate reports with graphs that can be used to optimize user’s experience or to bill individuals or groups for usage.
- Supports the latest compression standard HEVC (H.265) in addition to HD and
- SD live and on-demand streams in MPEG-1/2/4 and H.264 formats
- Mosaic viewing of up to 25 videos simultaneously with carousel feature for monitoring 100s of channels on one screen
- Viewing Frame Channel Color coding for content classification
- Multi-screen (PC, STB and mobile) browser-based IPTV Player
- Electronic program guide (EPG)
- Advanced VOD services including time-shift, pause, resume and skip ahead/back
- Local DVR recording option for desktop viewer users
- Full integration with Microsoft Active Directory for managing access to live and on demand content for network users and groups using PCs, STB and mobile devices
VIDEO MANAGEMENT – MEDIA ASSET MANAGEMENT
Proxsys PX is a centralized web based management and usage system for video, audio, graphic and data files. With the PX series you have full access to your most important data anytime, from any device – with maximum data security through comprehensive rights management. Optimized workflow ingest tools, flexible metadata models, modern intuitive user interface and customizable export modules make Proxsys PX your central Media Asset Management system.
To get a first impression of our Proxsys PX-Series, please visit our Online Demo.
The modular Proxsys PX-Series includes an operating system and hardware and software components. Each system is customized to the specific needs of the organization, and delivered as a fully configured turnkey system. A customizable, easy-to-use web interfaces enables anytime, anywhere access and can be integrated into websites and portals and supports video streaming and VOD.
The Proxsys PX-Series workflow includes modules for managing, archiving and utilizing enterprise media assets, starting from capture, import and ingest. It supports metadata options including importing of native metadata and timecode stamping. Rights and access management can be set for individuals, groups or projects. The system offers legal and 24/7 recording options. Retrieval functionality includes hi-res codec-independent Flash and HTML-5 previews, thumbnails, full text and scene search, and in-browser trim, cut and edit. Apps are available for viewing on Android and iOS mobile devices, set-top boxes and digital signage. Safe long-term archiving options including LTO and Blu-ray are available.
Proxsys TC -60 & 3Play/TC Archiver
More complex workflows for NewTek TriCaster and 3Play are available by using the Proxsys PX Media Asset Management solutions in combination with the 3Play/TC Archiver add-on, extending the Proxsys features by adding network transfer to the NewTek products, enabling preparation of live productions as well as archiving. Information added to the clips within the 3Play/TriCaster user interface are utilized as metadata in Proxsys PX. Read More about how VITEC’s Live Production Video Management Archive Solutionfeatures out of the box turn-key archiving add-ons.
- NEW FEATURES IN PROXSYS VERSION 7.2:
- HEVC Support
- Custom UI Toolkit
- HbbTV Media Center
- Multi Location Proxsys
- Import of standard video formats (Panasonic P2, AVCHD, Panasonic AVC Intra, Sony XDCAM EX, Sony XDCAM, Apple ProRes, AVID DNxHD, Uncompressed, H.264, MPEG-2, DV)
- Import and archive of complete NLE editing projects
- User, group and project-based rights and access management
- Internal media sharing workflows
- Legal and 24/7 recording options
- Full text and scene search
- Fast-through web previews and thumbnails
- No per-user license fees
- Internet/intranet access with dedicated access rights
- IP/Web-TV and podcasts
- Streaming and VOD
- Set-top box, mobile and digital signage applications
CONVERTERS – PORTABLE CONVERTERS
Extensor SDI2ANA seamlessly converts HD-SDI video to analog video with optional downscaling, and converts the first pair of audio embedded in SDI to stereo unbalanced audio and digital audio AES/EBU. It supports the full range of video resolution formats and frame rates, with progressive to progressive, interlaced to interlaced and interlaced to progressive downscaling available on the output.
An on-screen display overlays all status information directly on the video output signal and an embedded standardized color bar pattern facilitates equipment calibration. Extensor SDI2ANA features a lockable connector on the power supply to prevent accidental disconnection. The compact device may be placed on a tabletop or wall mounted.
Extensor SDI2ANA settings can be adjusted easily using the mini-switch on the side of the converter. Software upgrades can be installed via the USB connector. A LED indicator signals that the unit is operating.
- Converts SDI (BNC) to 1 x YUV (3 BNC) or 1 x RGB (3 BNC)
- Converts 1 x embedded audio in SDI to 1 x stereo unbalanced audio and 1 x digital audio AES/EBU
- Inputs: 2 x HD-SDI 3 Gb/s
- Outputs: 1 x Analog, 1 x HD-SDI 3 Gb/s loop-through
- Frame rates supported include 1080p at 23.98 / 24 / 25 / 29.97 / 30 / 50 / 59.94 / 60 frames per second; 1080i at 25 / 29.97 / 30 frames per second; 720p at 50 / 59.94 / 60 frames per second; 576i, 480i at 25 / 29.97 frames per second
- PsF mode